Tuesday, October 13, 2009

No More Suckers.

Never pacifiers or binkys.
Always suckers!
And today we say good-bye to the suckers.
Never again will I be forced to look under the bed
or inside pillow cases for "the green one".
Or hear that slurp-y sound as I fall asleep.
Never again will I give it a quick lick to clean it from the dirty floor,
even though we all know that's gross and makes no sense.

End of an oral era.

(...and no big deal at all to Si. He wanted to put them
on the Christmas tree as a decoration. Didn't like at all my
idea about leaving them for the sucker-fairy. He wanted to
hold on to them and treasure them the way Emmett keeps
his teeth no matter how much money the tooth fairy offers...
I get it, I really do...)
This is one baby thing I will NOT miss no matter how sweetly
and nostalgically I talk it up. But I will like seeing them all
colorful on the tree. Someone should make novelty sucker
Xmas lights. Stupid but funny...like for that store of expensive
nonsense stuff...Babette Schwartz.
Getting off track.
So long, sucker.

9 comments:

craig or cami said...

I am so glad to have been a "sucker" type parent. I never liked "paci" or "pacifier" but without another example I would have. We have learned so much from you guys and our sucky little baby thanks you. We are winding down on the suck ourselves. She is taking it out herself, giving it up willingly or not using it at all. No more sucker hunts for you - wow. I do love the sucker string light idea - imagine if you had all the suckers you ever bought. You could string the whole house at christmas. So long sucker... funny:)

may may said...

bye bye sucker!!!! :)
gaah, now that i think about it, it will be "sucker" for my kids too! unless i have some rogue partner who tries to deter me, lol.

may may said...

ps, i think it was Buzz Lightyear. Buzz doesnt need a sucker...

Rhea said...

What a wonderful tree decorating idea! Little reminders of days gone by...
Cami: The 'so long sucker' comment cracked me up!!!

Mattmos said...

Did any one thank the sucker? I am thanking the sucker for the many moments of peace it gave us. It was worth the trouble of searching for, "the blue one? this is the red one.....waaaaah! okay okay I'll find the blue one..."etc.
Many hours I have been graced with the sucker pacification of the children. Thank you sucker. You will be missed but not forgotten.

BTW, Bugs Bunny said, "See you later....sucker!"
Papa

craig or cami said...

looooook at that banner!!!!!!!! holy smokes flying boy, batman!! that pictures makes me so happy!

maygun said...

oh yeah. thanks sucker. i have loved you for years... RIP. lol.

ma otter said...

me too cam.
the pants make it!!

Anonymous said...

BEBE SAID...

So many great photos and stories lately. I have been off line as we waited to set up our new mac. It is so sleek and hip and I plan to know every thing my Blanca mac can do. Give us a year or two!

Love the flying boy and quilting kids.
The sucker story makes me sad because I missed so much of that time but I will gladly take any old suckers for keepsakes or Xmas lites. Love you all so very much.... bebe oxoxox