We had quite a day on Monday. Annie finally couldn't take it anymore, she had the stomach flu for a week, so she went to the emergency room with Nana. Well, it wasn't the stomach flu....Annie had to have emergency surgery! Carlie watched the kids at home once I arrived and Megan came to the hospital to stay with me (bringing me late night snacks cop style, coffee, Gatorade and trail mix). I was all weepy when I got there because I felt bad I wasn't nicer to Annie during the week she was sick. But seriously folks, who besides Annie gets sick and repaints the bathroom? Then when they started to put her under I got all verklempt again, sheesh. Annie did really well in the surgery and was out in an hour and half, a couple of hours in recovery and we were on our way home. This chick is tough, she once had a baby, walked out of the hospital three hours later and painted a tree on a door.I am now home with Annie and Silas. Mac and Emmett are at school. Annie is mostly resting, she is taking little walks around and talking on the phone some. She just told me that she feels she is going to get better. Silas has a cough and a fever, so he is laying down next to Mama and they are telling each other stories.
I want to send out some special thanks to Nana/Carlie and Megan for their help and love and all things that they have always given. Thank you to Chris Mackes, my friend who brought us veggie burritos last night. Thanks to all who have included Annie in their thoughts.
Now, for this Mr. Mom thing....Who in their right mind can figure out this car pool schedule? I would rather reread the Immigration and Nationality Act's 2300 pages than look at this again. You need to be half lawyer/half Egyptoligist. Also, whoever thought of waking up surly kids at the crack of dawn and asking them what to eat, convincing them brushing their teeth is a good idea, finding their accoutrements for school etc , is a crazy bastard and needs to be dealt with severely. I have had an easier time managing 92 federal agents in a critical incident/officer involved shooting than I did this morning. I'd also rather hunt armed fugitives through dark alleys before I look for a pair of matching socks in my children's bedroom. I'm actually secretly enjoying this, but don't post it on my blog or Facebook as someone I know might see it. The boys at work are hot on the trail of some bad guys and giving me secret text message updates so I don't miss out on the chase.
All in all this is part of life/marriage and adulthood I guess and I'm glad that we all got to do it together. I wouldn't have it any other way (except without the pain, fear, regrets, anxiety, rude Kaiser receptionists, lack of sleep). No, even with it all put together I think it was quite a day, certainly one we will not forget anytime soon. In sickness and in health and in love.
Matt
13 comments:
WTH?!
I'm sorry to hear Annie was so bad she had to go under, but glad that she's on the mend. So cute to picture her and Silas storytelling (like any good Dryer), and you, Matt, getting weepy.
So so so scary!! In sickness and in health and in love indeed. We love you guys so much and get Sick feelings in our stomachs at the thought of any of you being in pain or harmed though these are realities of life apparently. Healing thoughts to your parts sister... As for you Mr. Mom, keep up the good work!
Annie! don't do that again :)
I love you all..xxx
Just let me know what you need: kids shelped, dog walked, foots rubbed - it's time for the giver to get given back to.
Love.
Hugs dear Annie, get well very soon.
your fan, aficionado, supporter Daleth
Oh, sweeties...
I'll be thinking healing, easy logistics, smooth mornings, easy dinners and extra love thoughts for you all... I'm glad Annie's back home and on the mend though it must have been very upsetting for all of you. Maybe even especially the children. Lots of extra x's and o's!
It's a good thing you are such a loving bunch and have such a loving support system as a result!!!
Time to man up Mr. Mom!!!
Get over that obstacle Private Pyle!!!!
Very funny and poignant post Matt!
Annie feel better we were very worried about you and are so glad you are okay.
-craig
instant tears upon scary voicemail + speeding to the ER + your family in pain + sister from another mister in a hospital bed and you cant do anything about it = not okay. so glad its over and you're on your way back to rock-dom, annie! pretty much scared half the planet! and i love you so much!
matt... mr. mom... BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAhaha hHA HAH AHAHAH HAhAh AHAhahAhhaaha a ooohhhhhhh man. i love it. let me know if you need anything :) Hey, lets not spend another night in an avocado colored hospital sugery waiting room again anytime soon, okay? i can only take one heart attack a year i think. sheesh, did it have to be annie!? :(
seriously LOOOOOOOVE yous. all a yous....XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Annnnnnniiiiieeeee! Scary hospital stays and surgery - NO! I'm so sorry but so glad to hear you are home and mending. I'm sending my love and fast healing thoughts your way. xxooo
Sending a long tight hug your way! Hope you're feeling better.
Infatuation casinos? examine this grassy [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]casino[/url] admonish and wing it crop online casino games like slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more at www.realcazinoz.com .
you can also withstand substantiate to our untested [url=http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com]casino[/url] direct behave at http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com and be legatee to in authentic fabulously misled !
another lone [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]casino spiele[/url] within an eyelash of is www.ttittancasino.com , because german gamblers, mark up magnanimous online casino bonus.
Best line ever: "who besides Annie gets sick and repaints the bathroom?"
So glad everything is well on the road to recovery. tons of love...
Post a Comment