
Two things I have been hearing and reading about everywhere are watercress and kombucha.
It turns out that watercress is the best of the best super foods for you and has everything good in it and you don't have to eat bowls and bowls of it to see the benefits, only a handful here and there. (Plus I love it in salad). Check the link and make sure you click on the comparison chart where it tells you how much better it is than just about anything on the planet. And its easy to grow!
watercress, the superfood
And Kombucha! I just heard an NPR thing about it from this hilarious British guy who's doing a BBC series called "Grow Your Own Drugs". He's a scientist who was very skeptical about all the hippy-dippy stuff so he decided to test it all, grow it all and now he makes tinctures of this and that and herbal salves etc right along with his antibiotics and aspirin.And he raved about kombucha, while reminding all of us that the process of making it at home is very similar to making beer and therefore it is necessary to take uber precautions sterilizing everything.
But I like the store kind. The one with ginger is incredible. It tastes a little like fermented cider and might not be good if you don't like a boozy taste. But it has very little actual acohol!
Check it out! kombucha, fricken delicious to me and good for you
2 comments:
asian pear-ginger kombucha is the yummiest... comes in a glass bottle (I forget the brand). Paul swears by the stuff and has been drinking it for years (we used to make it but got lazy).
dirty hippie with your weird green foods! things that make me go hmmm? and possibly yumm? i will find and get.
Post a Comment