Besides being some of the best three words strung together (that and Forest Pansy Redbud) and being the first play I participated in that I can remember in the 3rd grade (I was "Queen Titania" and the cutest boy named Carlos Privet was my "Bottom").... Midsummer Nights Dream is also great because Emmett's class put on a production of their own! Emmett and Isaiah both play "Bottom" and they are hilarious! I didn't want to miss the show because of Matt's surgery so I got to sneak peek a rehearsal on Tuesday. I just loved it! Nana got to see it last night! Beautiful job 3rd graders!Emmett (in donkey head) as Bottom!
5 comments:
Oh, Emmett I LOVE you in a big blue donkey head! This is really something... Is this his first play? Did he like it? It reminds again of Albert Cullum that amazing teacher from a Touch of Greatness who had kids from kindergarten on up doing Shakespeare. Carlos Privet! What a name for a bottom. (just kidding.) How do you and Craig remember EVERYONE's first and last name from the beginning of time?
I was Titania in High School Annie :)
it was magical wasn't it...lovely..and tehey all had so much fun.
Looks magical. Bravo Emmett!!
I was First Fairy in high school.
I LOVED this production! I was reflecting on how this class was really into plays when they were kinders. Emmett, Isaiah, Katie, Chloe - it warmed my heart to see them continuing that interest. Yea for Merrill & Dmitry!
I loved it all ! Saw both performances, and got them on video, even the questions & answers after the first showing, it was great ! I could not help but see a bit of the kids "older selves" come out. Just amazing on so many levels.
Post a Comment