(Late night political blogging. Always a mistake, but I can't help it.)Just saw Obama on Jon Stewart. That man can actually answer a direct question.
God I hope everyone who voted for him votes on Nov. 2nd because the alternative is completely backward and insane. Maybe he's just so well spoken and candid that he has again bewitched me...or maybe I am reminded when he speaks that he is a man who is not only really smart, but is working really hard and getting as much done as he can in every possible direction and is actually accomplishing a lot more than many of us liberals give him credit for. Yes we'd all love a Zinn or Chomsky-like president but the truth is that those kind of men don't want the job and never get elected...nor do those kinds of men have it in them to get the job done because they would refuse to compromise with all the greedy fools, and it would be all-or-nothing and we'd most likely end up with nothing...
Anyway, I think we will be much better off in 2 more years than we ever anticipated 2 years ago. And I just hope that it will be enough to re-elect him in 2012. I would definitely be interested to see what 8 years of Obama would mean for this country. And I think it would take at least that long to undo some of the serious damage caused during the previous presidency.
Check out the article below.
Gene Lyons article from Salon.
Check out the article below.
Gene Lyons article from Salon.
2 comments:
i TOTALLY agree with you!!!! Give him some more time, sheeze!!
Annie, you could not have said it better. I totally agree with you, he is doing the best possible job he can given all that has gone on, and he is the best man for it. "Yes we can" and should give him another term after this.
Post a Comment