Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Life.

My son isn't a morning person. Actually none of the men in the house are particularly cheerful for a good hour after waking...actively trying to start fights with anyone who crosses their path. It sucks. I don't wake cheery but I am friendly. I am also very busy and, at my worst, if things aren't going my way, I am quiet. But when pushed I am BOSSY and LECTURING. My very worst qualities.
Yes, mornings around here are tough and often start me off feeling like I want to cry. By the time the kids are finally walking out the door to their carpool, I sometimes feel like we are leaving eachother after a fight. I don't like it at all.
But today, Caroline asked "How are you this morning?" and I said "Sucky" and rolled my eyes towards the kids. She laughed and said, "ah, life's rich tapestry." I don't know why but those words just hit me the right way at the perfect moment. Step-back-and-look-around words.
Then she said that it reminded her of IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE when the banister knob keeps falling off every time Jimmy Stewart runs down the stairs. I love it that she's an optimist...and I know I am too.
Yes, this life if full of banister knobs falling off right onto your big toe.
But then there are always Zuzu's petals!!
Thank you Caroline!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay..damn you..how dare you make me cry..but so true. We're so lucky to be surrounded by people that we love (and get annoyed by sometimes). ;)

Can you imagine if I was a pessimist..sometimes my life would SUCK ... ;)

Anonymous said...

btw..your piles of food pretty much turned my week around last week too..so glad to return the favor ;) xxx

bebe said...

Thank you, you wonderful, poetic, philosophical women. These words will stay with me and I'll probably be able to pass them along too. Love you so much...xo

bebe said...

Thank you, you wonderful, poetic, philosophical women. These words will stay with me and I'll probably be able to pass them along too. Love you so much...xo

craig or cami said...

I can relate and I have already been catching my eyes rolling. Does not bode well. Thanks for sharing! How about every time you hear bells, an angel is putting the hurt on some grouch morning spoiler... just kidding;)

Amy said...

I thought I was the only one that had mornings like that...nice to know I'm not alone :)

"Life's rich tapestry " I love that...thanks to both you for sharing your wisdom !