So we need a sign. But we don't want to be annoying...just get some attention so people slow down.
"Slow Children at Play" always bothered me because my kids aren't slow.
This is nicer, but condescending?
This one looks official but am I allowed to stick a sign out in the middle of the road? And it also seems a little bossy.

I think I choose this one. People would slow down and look all around for the horses.
Kids would be safe and everyone would be too perplexed to be pissy about it.
I'm ordering it.
4 comments:
I think you need 3: One for down a bit in each direction, and one for down a bit on the street ahead. That's especially where they come flying around that blind curve...
(I originally wrote street names and then thought to myself, I basically just gave your address on the internet!)
The bigger the signs the better. Small ones wont even get seen :/
Also, you know those Silas-height plastic child-frames? They are all one bright color plastic, but insinuate "yo, slow the eff down, children this big are playing around here.") I definitely notice those... especially when parents put them like 3 feet INTO the intersection. That's IT! That's what I would do... Get one of those too and put it four feet out into the intersection (cars can drive around without a problem if they a) aren't speeding, and b) not cutting the corner!!! Let me find a link...
Like this guy!
http://www.amazon.com/Step-787604-KidAlert-Visual-Warning/dp/B000WH0C72
I VOTE HORSE!!!
Me too, Horse crossing!
Hilarious post btw. Those plastic guys Megan is talking about always get me to take my foot off the pedal even if I'm going slow. You could dress them up or tape faces on them. Or I could just stand out in the street for them everyday wearing silly clothes and faces. Dream. Job. xxx
Post a Comment