Tuesday, March 20, 2007

fieldtrip to old town...

I haven't been spending much time in Mac's classroom this year. First I had a baby, then I had a brand new kindergartener,Emmett, who needed my attention in his classroom. Finally I got a bit of time to dedicate to Mac and we had a great time. Her class is full of great kids!!
We had an awesome docent who told the kids all about the haunted Whaley House as well as lots of California history. She also gave them each something to wear from the time period. Mac is wearing, to her dismay, a basket on her head to represent the weavers from the local indial tribes ("Why can't I be the teacher or the lady who gets to wear the lace?")

After our time in Old Town, we went to Presidio Park where this picture was taken. Later, the kids ran around in the park...its so pretty there, I forgot. Poor Silas was smothered by 9 year old girls the entire time trying to out-sing, out-coo, and generally out-mother eachother. Hilarious!

And this is what the fieldtrip felt like much of the time!! Fun Chaos!!

3 comments:

ma otter said...

its not that i didn't like the basket hat, the woman put it on too tight. but i still didn't like it


mac mac mac mac mac mac mac mac

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the clarification Mac!! that totally makes sense to me. I will only wear hats I choose for myself, no one else knows what really looks good on oneself, right!!xx

Hey...too bad Isabel missed that field trip, she was bummed...fever, fever, fever.

craig or cami said...

What did you tell them to get everyone to spaz for the second photo? Mac's class is full of big kids- holy moly.