Tuesday, March 20, 2007

first attempt at the 'totem' paintings...


The bear is kinda hiding in the tree, which Emmett likes. Mac likes her rabbit but thinks it should be an all white cotton tail, but she doesn't mind. Silas is decidedly pro-owl. I like my first attempt but I don't know if this will work over the bed.

7 comments:

craig or cami said...

LOVEIT!!!!! Why won't it work over the bed - too big??? I really like 3 canvases.

ma otter said...

its kinda dark, going in a dark place...i dont know. it may be fine. it really does feel like Mac and Emmett...I need more time to decide about Silas' totem persona, I know "owl" but snowy white souring owl, or cute barn owl???...of course, i want to add/take away stuff. my paintings are never really done. i was thinking wish flowers in the rabbit foreground. and maybe i need to de-goofify the bear, if you know what i mean. (can you zoom in?)wow. I can go on and on about stuff like this.
annie

ma otter said...

make that Soaring Owl, not souring! Ha.

Lauren said...

love it too- and I even got to see it for real!

Anonymous said...

I love it. I could zoom it..the colors are really beautiful close up.

Anonymous said...

You should go to Daleth's blog, she has a version of Aguas de Marzo which is set to a very silly cartoon..but it's a nice version..it's Jobim.

Anonymous said...

I love them Annie. I like Mac's idea of a white cottentail but I think the paintings are special.