Sunday, April 08, 2007

thankful to great neighbors and SPRING!!...


We are so lucky to have such great neighbors! We knocked on the door of the butterfly house (we've called it that since Mac was a baby) on Easter Sunday to ask if we could "borrow" a few of their caterpillars off their milkweed, as they have shared before. An hour later there's a knock on our door and they've brought not only caterpillars but printed info as well as a chrysalis, perfectly formed and dangling from a delicate handmade structure inside a jar, much like a ship in a bottle. So nice! If we are fortunate enough to have butterflies emerge, after Emmett's class gets to study them, we will release them where they belong...the butterfly house! Thanks Larry, Ayako, and Galen!!

And here are Mac and Emmett enjoying their artsy, craftsy, "puffly" Easter loot. (puffles are the 2007 equivalent of the pet rock!)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

If you are looking for something new to blog about please do let us know more about puffies...

Lauren said...

I mean puffles...

Anonymous said...

well...I don't think it's a coincidence that there are pet puffles on club penguin!! Those puffles on club penguin are extremely cute...btw, I think club penguin is officially a phenom!

craig or cami said...

Looks like you guys have a grip on Easter and the beauty of it all. It always meant jelly beans and chocolate bunnies when I was growing up... Coulda been worse I suppose:)

ma otter said...

puffles are those little colored fluff balls that you can buy at Michaels, 99cents a bag of 4,000, I swear! I think this originated with Indie and Isabel, anyway, they are cared for, fed (milk and water?), and Mac and Em made houses for them out of boxes and pipe cleaners I think.