...and I just hate that. Even though all the stuff to come is great, I really love summer. I love everyone home, even when it drives me crazy. I love that in just 3 months our family can read out loud two Harry Potters, Inkheart, and 7 Deltora Quests. I think it is divine to go to the beach on a whim and not so bad when you have to spend three hours running errands because there's time afterwards to go checkout the petstore just to look at the turtles and then go to Soup Plantation...or whatever...
This summer has been full...a great vacation, lots of outings every where and tons of creative home projects. (Right now "The Daily Blabbity" , Mac and Emmetts newspaper, is in the works.)And having Silas around has made it new again. He has started talking, (duck, bird, mama,ball, by-by,up,papa,nana etc) at least the kind of talk that the immediate family can understand, and that makes all the difference for me. He's really fun and funny and has a strong personality that all of us are discovering. It's so amazing to watch the relationship between family members develop. Emmett is starting to enjoy Silas, which makes that baby SO happy, and that makes Emmett happy and the circle continues. Mac, as usual, feels like the glue for all of us. She helps us all.
And now summer is over and I will miss the togetherness. WAAAAAAAA!
...but now having written all that...the feeling is passing. I look forward to school and hanging out in the classroom...the friends there and the garden plans (Amy!!)...time to work at the studio...(ha!)...OK its not sounding so bad.
Hello Fall, Hello Back to School...and the beat goes on.
5 comments:
NOOOO...mine has just begun..five more days and I'm going to make it feel like 50!! :)
beach tomorrow??
how did you comment before I even wrote anything???
I think tomorrow I will be hanging out a home for a while...until back to school night...but you never know. Maybe we should walk to Rebeccas or something in the morning? Maybe the playground to tire out my little climber?
Call me!
annie
Great blogging at the Otter. I too will miss this summer as the summer of the wee babe, but am looking forward to fall with the option to take a walk whenever I want, not just between the cool hours - more trips to the City and all the things that indicate the forward motion. Life wants to be lived!!!
I hear you Annie.. I have been feeling the same way...makes me sad to get back on the schedule of school...it makes for so much less time together and a lot less spontaneity, not to mention my whole being has always faught schedules and routine. Chloe and Blake had so much fun together this summer, and although they are excited for school, they are going to miss each other to. I will surely miss them. But, I have lots to do...the school garden...home projects...and lots of driving to and from school...it's all good...just have to go with the flow right ?
It took me a couple of days to get over my sadness that summer was over. The first few days this week I really missed the kids. However I already feel back on track and am kind of enjoying the routine. There were lots of faces I was happy to see again at school - lots of faces my kids were happy to see too. (OK so at least for Aida....)
Post a Comment