Friday, October 26, 2007

why don't you just paint a tree on it?...

I didn't paint this tree but it cracks me up whenever I get that feeling...like I should be painting a tree. Matt and I have this, now infamous, argument we often refer to where he says, "you can't just make it all better by painting a tree on it!" Well, I think I can and that's one of the things I like about myself. So, now that the air is clearing over San Diego and the mists are rolling in thankfully, I will send out some TREE LOVE to all my friends and family...and if you look closely, this is a Halloween Tree...for the babes.
So far it looks like the kids have decided on very homemade costumes by the way, entirely salvaged from the dress-up chest and blessedly involving zero tweeking from me...a lost ghost girl and a chinese emperor. Silas is, as of yet, undecided. Amy will be happy to know I have committed to being a flower in honor of the garden which is NOT a flower-child and involves more than my usual clothes by the way, although not much. (Still think she should be Zsa Zsa from Green Acres!! ) I can't wait to see the Halloween posts...especially from you far away folks I won't get a chance to see. Hey, C&C&F...what are you guys gonna be...is Finley still a deer tick? (HILARIOUS and a bit twisted!)

7 comments:

Lauren said...

I hope Finley will be a non-blood filled dear tick. I have picked more than my share of blood filled ticks of my dogs.

Seems like the air will be OK for trick or treating Yeah!

Lauren said...

I forgot the most important part!:

Next summer you can help us paint a tree on our back fence. I have felt for a while it needed something - now I realized it is a painted tree!

ma otter said...

i am there!!

craig or cami said...

I love that about you too - painting trees. The pines in the studio loo come to mind:) Finalizing costume ideas tomorrow - will blog.

Amy said...

That is one of the best tree pictures !! Love it..

Anonymous said...

ewww...those blood filled ticks are gross..yes..I vote for a non-blood filled tick for Finley!

daleth said...

To make a Tree. Is a good thing to make things better.