Sunday, October 21, 2007

we've only just begun...

Amy and I had this idea that after Oct 20th we would sleep like babes...the big project being over. But at about 2:00 am, with my mind racing I realized that this is the beginning.
I can't tell you how cool it was to see everyone working yesterday!

I always wanted to be a part of a "barn raising" and this felt like just that.
Unfortunately I didn't take very many good pictures...but Emil did and soon there should be some before-and-after shots at the sdccs garden blog.
Of course, nothing is planted yet (that's where the kids come in!!) so its a mere blank canvas...but thanks to some incredibly hard workers, its an awesome beginning.

4 comments:

daleth said...

Girls: you are my heroes!!! I know all the effort you have put on this project, will worth a lot in the future. Thank you!

Lauren said...

Great photo. Awesome.

Amy said...

The Whole Group Collectively gave Birth!!! Now we get to nuture for years to come. "It takes a Village" they say! I love our Village !!

lydiafdc said...

My at first unwillingly volunteered husband said it was fun & then tells me he volunteered for next Sat to buy the needed wood and finish the raised beds....i love it!
When do we start the garden coop for our homes? :)