Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday Morning Sink-Painting...


...for quick clean-up! And it fits right in with this boys obsession with water.
Meanwhile Mac and Emmett play hours upon hours of "Nothings" adoption...which some of you know about as your kids have adopted a few nothings of their own.
How is this adoption done? Well, you reach your hands out and scoop up a nothing. The girls fly the boys don't. This game was created on the last day at Cami and Craigs. While we frantically packed, they caught NY nothings. Now they have an entire file box full of stats...age, description, children, likes and dislikes etc... as well a family tree so a nothings can't accidentally marry a family member. It's all very ingenious and solidifies my idea that kids really prefer just about anything to toys...at least mine do. Christmas gets tricky when I realize this. I may as well just give them a gift certificate to an office supply store...or a shoe store...since their best ideas are born from a shoe box.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

incredibly cute!

Anonymous said...

you know, i think youre onto something. i think they would have a blast at staples or office depot. seriously, im not even joking. we should try it.

craig or cami said...

Yet another genius idea from Annie. I think we should write these down and get published! I actually used the "tape on the finger" (just one:) the other day. You are a genius sister-woman. How cool - the first Nothings were born on The Hollow! That's adjacent to Frog Lands for those who don't know:)

Rhea said...

my kids love doing this too! they also LOVE using shaving cream in a similar fashion (although we usually cover the kitchen table with it so we can write messages in it).

daleth said...

That is a great idea...why don't you try with food coloring too,

erica said...

Annie, this blog had me cracking up!! Isaiah prefers office supplies any day over toys...especially whiteout tape, highlighters, and staplers!! I had never considered a gift certificate to an office store though.....great idea, I just might try that this year!!