I get to be creative, hang out with adults, talk politics and in the case of this class...Eat!! Every week someone from the Wednesday night class brings something fabulous. Last night it was awesome guacamole, last week a ridiculously delicious pumpkin cake that Johnny called something like "Choc Full 'O Fat Cake" (I forget exactly the name but you get the idea.) We've had rice pudding and mexican hot chocolate and lemon tarts...and I never have to make them. Wow! I love it when someone actually cooks for ME!
Yes, last night was great... At around 8:00 I got a phone call from home to GO LOOK AT THE MOON. The clouds parted finally and our class stood in the alley looking up at the lunar eclipse. A great night.
Anyway, I love my job if you can even call it that. I would say that the rest of my life is much more difficult...the juggling tasks, the driving everywhere, the orgization of drs. appts and b-days, the volunteering, the LAUNDRY... etc...The fact that I am a potter and teacher is such a blessing! ...
7 comments:
I can't believe it..we drove an hour to the mountains to look at the eclipse and missed it and everyone here right and home saw it..oh well..it was a fun drive :)
Love this post..nice to hear from the other side of your life.
Best place to take a pottery class evah!!
Love the angle of your photo...I was tempted to try a similar shot Tues, but thought better to focus on raising my clay properly ;)
Annie, I love that you are a Potter and I love the picture of Plum Pottery, of course I really love all the colors you have painted, and the floor tiles, I really have to come and visit, and eventually take some classes.
Not only are you a very talented artist, but you have created a space for other people to find their inner potter/artist...what a beautiful gift you are giving the community! It's no wonder they bring you lovely food, you deserve it!!!
Amy really said everything I wanted to say... I love that place and that you made it.
What a great photo - takes me right back to where it all started! I miss you and the studio and quietly thank you every day for mentoring me into this wonderful life of potter/teacher. It is such a great gig...I am thankful for it every day (especially those days when it affords me a break from the mayhem).
Bless you, teacher, menot, friend.
...menot???
ok, that was supposed to say 'MENTOR'....shouldn't be typing with a fever. the flu has ravaged our house and my brain!!!
top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]uk casino bonus[/url] check the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]casino games[/url] free no store bonus at the leading [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]casino games
[/url].
Post a Comment