Sunday, February 24, 2008

spiderwick...

Matt watched Silas so I could take Mac, Emmett and Nana to the movies.We finally got to see Spiderwick, a much anticipated movie from a beloved book series. Of course the differences between movie and book are always a bit annoying...but it's also great to hear your kids say they like a book better...
We really liked it...just the idea of all these hidden creatures that we think are simply petals, feathers, blades of grass etc...great! I love that idea.






Actually the haiku for the day was appropriate, written after a walk with Silas...




droplets of water
the clover is wet from rain
bend down, look close, see?!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love the Haiku, & love your new blog colors! We are so behind...we need to read the book, then maybe the movie on DVD... Sounds like it is such a great read.

Anonymous said...

Don took the kids this weekend, but I'm looking forward to taking them for trip no 2 this weekend! Love the haiku.

Lauren said...

My kids felt the same way - actually Aida did since Pablo hasn't read them yet...

I enjoyed the movie, although not as much as I enjoyed your HAIKU! Awesome.

craig or cami said...

Your haikus are amazing. What can't you do, really? Rock on with your creative self, sister. The book is always better though I always love seeing the movie too. I can't wait till Finley is reading this kind of stuff!!