Sunday, March 30, 2008

lights out!

Well, it was lights out at our house between 8:00 and 9:00 last night for "Earth Hour" where our cities residences were asked to turn out the lights for Global Warming Awareness...the girls used this as an opportunity to totally freak eachother out in a scary kind of way.









The boys also got into it. The story goes...our van broke down in the pouring rain on an old country road...but wait, in the distance an old house...a mansion...with creaky doors and pianos that play on their own...
It was fun to watch them all get so into being totally and completely scared while knowing that it was just pretend.













I wonder if San Diego had a good lights-out turnout...our neighborhood sure didn't. We even went on a walk around the block to get other people to turn off their lights...it didn't work very well but we tried...
i

2 comments:

craig or cami said...

Okay, I thought it was last night - and thought I missed it then I saw the email this morning and thought Yay! I didn't miss it - it's tonight. I totally missed it. Lame-O. Sounds like you guys made it f-u-n! as per usual.

Anonymous said...

jesus christ..you just scared the hell out of me..I'm glad you didn't come knocking on my door from 8-9pm ...could have been really akward! Thanks for looking after the kids (when you had laringitis). I owe you big time (as usual!!!) :)

The kids had soooo much fun getting scared. I guess Matt did a lot of creeping around outside shaking windows...they LOVED IT!!