
From my "sista" Megan...a mid-wife-to-be...a Planned Parenthood employee...my feminist connection...
the lady in the vaginal know...
She highly recommends the DIVA cup!! What is it? It is a tampon alternative that you buy ONCE and only ONCE unless you're me and then TWICE after I lose it the first time...
It is easy and cool and doesn't leak EVER (Megan is right here and put the emphasis on the EVER)!
The awesome company, lunapads.com, also makes a girls starter kit for our up-and-coming generation of feminists. You can also buy it at Whole Foods or online. Megan is so enthusiastic about this product I had to stop her from doing a demo. (JOKE.)
Be Eco-Friendly, Never mess with Tampons again,
Stop Giving Your Money to The MAN
(Embrace your inner woman. don't be the one who says, "ewwww")
Dare to comment.
17 comments:
thanks ladies - great posting.
Back in 1967 i was given a skinny belt and a wad of paper...so this is also eco friendly too!
Women Rock...bebe
Alright... I have been using something similar for about 4 years now, called "The Keeper" although, I don't keep what pools up into it !!! Anyhow, it always leaks, maybe I should get the Diva Cup and try it !! I really loved being free of the yucky tampon !! I think it is a wonderful idea, and it is not at all yucky...
amy...the diva cup has suction, baby, so no leekage...and its made of a different material than the keeper...on the QandA on the the link they talk about the difference between the two!!
you are ahead of your time !!!
Should it really read, "menstrual solution" right above the logo?
Ok, sorry. I don't mean to make fun, but c'mon!
Seriously, though, I had a girlfriend who used something like this back in the early '90s. Always seemed like a great idea to me.
emil, you crack me up...and it should definitely NOT say menstrual solution...we looked for a decent image and came very close to using the diagram of how to insert it...but decided against it...
btw...it is noted that you dared to comment, bold and free as usual!
what is it made out of?....I'm super paranoid about chemicals leaching and all that stuff
its made of medical grade silicone, so its totally safe. check out the Q&A on either lunapads.com or divacup.com
:)
never mind, followed the link and got some very good information...thanks Megan and Annie!
Great idea - so cool.
However I think the name is kinda dumb - I am over the whole diva thing.
How about "cup 'a blood"?
Lauren
I happen to like the name of the british version..."mooncup"...you know, it goes with my occasional tendancy towards worshipping the goddess and having wicka bumper stickers...(again, joke)
but "cup o'blood" is catchy...
actualy the moon cup is french, but i still vote for lauren's "cup o' blood." in fact, i think mine will be called that from now on. "oh, i love you little cup o' blood" it really doeas have a nice ring to it. its sort of irish... :)
i love that were blogging about this by the way. its time for a third wave!
How about a photo of a vampire: "I vant to hold your blood..."
OMG LAUREN! Guera loca!
What about Cáliz de Sangre (Blood Chalice)? Or Moon Chalice?
I would suggest 'Count Cupula' but the cupula is apparently part of a completely different orifice.
Glad to see that, yet again, I'm the only guy around...
Emil...going forth where others fear to tread :)
Okay..seems like a good idea!!!
OK this is the funniest part about Emil's link:
Alcohol causes vertigo by affecting the cupula; the cupula floats in a fluid called the endolymph which is the same density as that of blood. As alcohol dilutes blood in the cupula, the cupula becomes less dense and rises. The cupula is thus sensitized, and responds to movement by sending more action potentials to the brain, "confusing" it and causing the common disorientation associated with drunkenness.[1]
Go on with your bad self, Emil. I am definitely game to try this technology out. I'll let you know how goes the flow, Megan:)
Post a Comment