I was talking to my mom last night, watching bits and pieces of Obama's speech ...we were saying that for the first time we actually felt that this candidate represented us and seems to be truthful and ethical. Can it be true?? Can he really be intelligent and clear? A man who doesn't pander or get into dirty tricks yet stands up for himself...A man who writes many of these great speeches that inspires so many ...Thinking back to his speech at the John Kerry convention I remember thinking, as did many...wishing that "that guy" was our candidate. Incredible that it's true!!
(If you google image "obama" you can't believe all the insane pics...like this one that I rather like but I am sure it's part of the problem, not the solution...obama as superstar rather than president...but I had to do it anyway!)
4 comments:
I don't think we should feel bad for wanting a superstar to represent us..we deserve it! But I know what you mean...cult of Obama, versus substance..but what a great night..and I agree with you..a man that may actually represent us..it is a very high pedestal to tumble from..but I'm rooting for him!
Yay!!!! I am happy and hopeful! I am also teaching Finley to recognize him and say O-BA-MA!!!!
I still feel like am in a dream too! O-BAM-A!!!
Yep me too - listening to his speech I realized I would follow him to the end of the earth - it is a bit scary.
However knowing we are the good liberals that we are I am sure we will find something to be disappointed in him, soon after he is elected. ; )
Post a Comment