Friday, June 06, 2008

a poem or lyrics, can't decide... (for Emmett)

Collection

Fossil of a beetle
Manzanita waxed and polished
Leather satchel full of treasure
Feathers from a stellar jay

Cigar boxes filled with beads of glass
Moss growing in a jar
An old weathered compass
In this marble, fleck of star

Painted buttons in a coconut husk
Ink made of dragons blood
A lock of pilgrim baby hair
The nest of a hummingbird

Six pointed shark teeth
Twisted braids of velvet ribbon
Magic stones and celtic runes
This nail from the desk of Lincoln

Seven years, this collection
See this tarnished cup from long ago?
It might just look like water now
But it once was snow


(I made a museum in my room, buy a ticket, come and see
No wait, for you and only you, it's free.)

5 comments:

craig or cami said...

Okay, now I want to be a seven year old boy. How much to stay in that room for 10 days? I love it all and especially the part about the snow globe:) Oh, and Annie don't think I didn't see the "I want" post. I loved it and I think I could even hear your internal dialogue before you deleted it!

Anonymous said...

Hi family! i miss you guys like crazy :( rest assured i am scouting out yelapa for you. i am having many adventures! today is a little drizzly/rainforesty. hil and i are going to get a massage and a facial, yay! (annie, yours is coming, dont worry :) i cant tell you how often i stop and think "oh, the kids would love this." oh and emmett, we saw a pirate ship!!!! it was so cool. im sending yelapan love to all! give my babes a kiss and a snuggle! i wish i could give them squeezy hugs right now :(

big ups to my peeps in SD!

!adios!

ma otter said...

did you hear the part, Cam, when i gagged at my own post because I have every thing in the whole wide world including those apricots and plums (they WERE on MY table afterall) and a cabin (oh yeah, spoiled me) and I "have" your beautiful home too. This world is obviously our f-ing oyster and I was just being...2.

love you cam for knowing it!

annie

Anonymous said...

I saw the post too (apricots etc)...and loved how "human" it was...love ya! and I love this post about Emmett..

snails and puppy dogs tails...

craig or cami said...

Love it Emmett
To means it seems like a poem, but if it was a song I would wonder, what is the unifying theme? That would be the chorus, the part everyone sings together.
-craig