...watched the movie last night. About the beautiful sculptor and artist, in love with a more famous/powerful man, Auguste Rodin...who basically loses her mind. She becomes his muse for a time and his work was very influenced by her style more than than he taught her. She was really a force.Reminds me of Sylvia Plath...and others...
Makes me wonder if she suffered from schitzopherenia, depression or was merely a victim of her time.
Being a woman with a drive like hers must have been such a burden in those days.
An interesting movie with some amazing scenes in it.
Isabel Adjani is so perfect in the role.
This morning I woke up wondering about Camille Claudel's work and I would love to visit Rodin's house in Paris.
I hear (from Erin) that you can go there, touch things, sit in his chairs etc. Wow! I would love to do that.
4 comments:
Thanks for the recommendation!
That new header is the best - what a beautiful, soaring super-hero in some seriously fabulous pants!
going right on my netflix... thanks - looking forward to a tortured female artist to go with my popcorn. anymore I should know about? have to slip them in between the wonder pets and war movies.
Her work is so beautiful. Another reason to go to Paris.
I finished your book recommendation"Extremely loud..." I laughed and cried. I am still blown away by the reverberations from Dresden to NYC, from 1 generation to another. Making the cost of a battle wear a face and to hear the pain both spoken and not has left me open in a way I have not felt in some time.
Hug everyone and a big one for yourself annie. I love and miss you.
I have been there..it's one of my favorite places in the world. When anyone goes to Paris I recommend it. It is a beautiful, sensual, lovely and overwhelming place. You would fall in love with the gardens..just georgous. I saw the movie..very intense, I agree...and she is wonderful in it.
Post a Comment