Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Why ARE we Still in Afghanistan?"

I have been asking myself this question and I love it when
I read an article that asks the same question I was too embarrassed to ask
because it seemed stupid. (silly me)....

from the article by Gene Lyons....

"And what if a U.S. president recognized that destroying mud villages and killing children in distant Afghanistan isn't making America safer? That endless war creates endless enemies? What if he showed enough political courage to say that 100 percent security from terrorism isn't possible? That the mad, quixotic attempt to achieve it is sacrificing the lives of our best and bravest while it bankrupts the treasury? Who in the world would be angry with him except the Washington war lobby and Osama bin Laden?"

READ the whole article here!!
And then go ahead and read the most recent Garrison Keillor article.
Another simple and sweet one!

No comments: