Granpops and Bebe are visiting, taking kids swimming and on little adventures (we've gotta get more pictures before they go!!!); colds and stomach flus have been floating around, sabotaging Emmett's much anticipated sleepover; lots of house projects are moving along, rainbarrels,

and gutters, painting, clothes line, looking into solar panels etc; nana is on "baby watch" every minute of every weekend waiting for a new elephant to be born at the Wild Animal Park and loving it; Matt has been to the doctor for his feet and is readying himself for FOOT SURGERY, sometime in the next 3 months while also committing himself to Bikram Yoga, yes, sweaty yoga (he's there right now!) and on top of it all, he works 70 hours a week, always connected to that life-sucker, the Blackberry; Mac is rehearsing for Pippi, full force; carpooling and school stuff keeps me busy and guessing everyday, "what, where and who???"; We have all been completely stumped by the two

Rubik's Cubes that seem to show up all over the house. No one here can solve it. (We're not so smart afterall!); It hailed during that huge storm

and Silas just loved it. Couldn't convince him it wasn't snow; Silas has been jumping on the trampoline and playing FARM with his friends, thank god for that backyard; Emmett and I have been playing Mancala

and we are finally reading BRISIGR out loud with Mac too; Discovered recently that a small bowl of ground coffee

is the only thing that gets rid of the smell of rotten milk in the car or chicken poo in the closet or barf etc...it is the miracle air freshener; I had to put bird netting around the chicken pen so the hawks that are circling don't get lucky; I have a refrigerator full of good food but for some reason the thought of cooking AGAIN makes me wanna .... fast.
Gotta pay attention around here, things are moving pretty fast and it's easy to just feel busy and
forget to 'smell the flowers'....so I think I'll go get a cup of tea and feed the chickens.

Doing my best.
5 comments:
Solar Panels - cool! Coffee grounds - wow! Painting - ALWAYs good. Silas - heart crusher! Upon closer inspection of that cube - the stickers look suspiciously lifted at some corners - maybe it's been re-sticked! My brothers used to do that to ours... thanks for the heads up on all the goings on - my head is spinning for you. all sounds so good - except for the feet surgery, barfing, and no sleepover:( How I wish I was sitting on that stool feeding some (huge!) chicks with you!
Baby Elephant watch - so cool, Carlin!
Sounds like it's time to find a way to take a moment! Just for you. Maybe a mommy pedi is in store for early mother's day... I'm always amazed at how calm and cool you seem to manage to maintain but I'm sure it gets yikes occasionally. and yet, you still have time to give us the scoop!
Barf and foot surgery; no yuck. sorry guys!
Carlin, there was an elephant born at the Baltimore zoo a couple of years ago. He single trunkedly resurrected zoo attendance. He was so incredibly cute that many people (including my parents) went almost every weekend to watch him grow up. When I visited, he was wobbily and playful and like any baby had grown accustomed to being cooed at and responded with outrageous cuteness!!
ps- What role did Mac get in Pipi?
Caline,
Mac is playing the dumb cop Klang! I'm so proud!
Papa "Dumb Cop" Dreyer
That banner! Is he three there? I remember that little guy! Love you Emmett!
Post a Comment