Saturday, January 16, 2010

7:00 AM



Mac and Emmett slept on the trampoline to watch out for the chickens.
And Nana brought them snuggly coats so they could sit and warm the chicks this morning.
No one could sleep. I kept imagining the heat lamp bulb burning out and the chicks freezing.
Emmett worried about predators. Yikes.
I have a feeling they will be in Mac's closet during the huge week long storm that is coming.

Anyway, it was very cute to wake up to these kids being little mamas/papas/nanas! ;)

update: Mac's Americana Chicken is named "Secret" and The New Hampshire Red is officially "Butterfly"
So now we have Toby, Puppet, Butterfly and Secret

4 comments:

Ms Morgan said...

Your family just keeps getting cooler and cooler. In my next life, I want to be a Dreyer & wrap those wonderful chicken nurturers in warm coats & hugs.

ma otter said...

you were one of the people who planted the chicken seed a few years ago, morgan!
so happy you did because this urban farm thing is
completely fun!

craig or cami said...

Adventures right in your own backyard! Isn't that something people always talk about? I love that you all are dreaming chickens.

Rhea said...

I am sooo exciting you've joined the backyard chicken revival!!! Loving the colorful coop!
So much fun ahead (and the fresh eggs!!!)! Take pics the first time you give them spaghetti.... it's hysterical.
Happy farming!