I completely reject making THREE lunches every morning and out the door by 7:30.
I am not looking forward to the carpool or the after school lessons or volunteering anywhere.
I don't like to be so bossy, "everybody up, everybody brushed and do you have your homework" ...etc.
I can not believe that three months can go by so quickly. I feel like I did as a kid and really every year since. Summer is easier.
I am not ready for halloween costumes, stuffing and christmas shopping and wrapping.
I do not want to sign my name up on anymore school party potluck lists.
I realize I need to get motivated and being that I am mostly a positive person I know I'll come around in a day or two. But right now I am sad sad sad.
Emmett definitely takes after me in this area.
He says he's really good at summer. I am excellent at summer.
As Mac told me today we have 283 days until summer 2011, starting tomorrow.
She is bummed that she has to go to bed so early. Silas is not entirely sure what the end of summer even means since he has 3 days of preschool year round...but he emphatically agrees anyway. I have infected the whole house. I know it's wrong to get the kids in on it but I just can't keep my mouth shut about how much it stinks that we have to get up so early and that our free time is limited to little pockets of time on the weekend.
And we don't even get a real autumn here. No leaves or brisk air. No fall fashions. Just dying garden and too much work to do.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! sniffle sniffle. nonononononononNO!
this sucks!!!! waaaaaaaa. boohoo.
Sigh.
Good night and see you tomorrow for the more cheerful back-to-school picture-post!
2 comments:
Yeah we are with Silas, it doesn't mean much to us in regards to lunches and those crazy early days or time without kids but we feel your pain! For me it means we are thismuchcloser to being stuck in the house, in the cold in the dark for what will feel like forever until we see something green besides those blessed evergreens. We do get the fall perks here it is true. The air is already definitely different the light is different. The leaves are alone worth a lot of winter pain. I am selfishly really looking forward to my couple afternoons with Fee in school. We await the school picture from Flower House with great anticipation!
Annie, can you tell I'm just getting around to reading your blog after so many weeks ? Comment city today !
Anyhow, you know I was exactly where you were when you wrote this post, I do summer in a stellar way myself !!!
So the 3rd week into this school, I still feel the same way, but am to busy to whine as much now. Maybe you & I should sneak off to the beach one of these mornings before its to late.
Post a Comment