Emmett at his Class Christmas Party singing "Country Roads"
good friend Riley.
Merry Christmas everyone.
The minestrone (for Nana) and potato soup (for Mac) are on the stove.
We are stocked with olives and dips and crackers and salad and cider and pies and cookies.
The kids have made an actual CHART of how many presents each person coming to our house is getting and they have made most of them! Silas every now and then will wrap up something random and add it to the pile.
We've made the gingerbread house and we are almost to the last day of the advent calendar (today was a slip of paper that read "lets make SUGAR COOKIES"...so we did).
Last night Nana and I took the kids to see "Little Fockers" and, oh my god, was it inappropriate for Emmett. Oops! (He's been telling jokes about it ever since. I am cringing!!!)
Papa is working until 2:00 today and it won't feel quite right until he's home...but this is a lovely Christmas so far. (Despite the December pitfalls... the flooded heater under the house, the broken computer, the branch that fell on our Valentine Apricot Tree, the leaky cabin roof, the handyman that jipped us for $240, the little leak that turned into a nightmare and last weeks flat tire- the 5th this year!! Yes, we will be completely happy to say good bye to this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
But this moment is magic and I am taking note (or taking blog).
I love all you beautiful people out there. May Your Christmas be
Peaceful and Cozy and full of LOVE!
3 comments:
We hope you had a merry, merry, joyful, joyful holiday!
I'm also ready to wrap this year up and bid it farewell... hope your new year starts off great!
xoxo to you and yours!
cozy and perfect. i love mabel and her fluffy sweetness - she totally looks like she's smiling while dreaming sugarplum puppy dreams. Emmett just looks like he is commanding that song. I can't wait to see how the music has GROWN. I love the details in these pictures. You can feel the Christmas in them:::)))
xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment