Well, this is where I have spent the last few days. I have been working at the Harris Fire. I have done evacuations, coordinated rescues, drank a lot of stale coffee (Starbucks gave it to us for free!), inhaled some ash, patrolled for looters and lookie loos, and watched the mountains I work in burn to the ground. The Patrol usually doesn't get the credit for the amazing amount of work we do in these fires that the Fire and Cops get (we work the 16 to 24 to 36 hour shifts too!) but that's not what's important. I have seen some brave rescues and some amazingly stupid people refusing evacuation. I have seen charity and stubborn attachment to "things". Send good thoughts for the injured firefighters, and of course, for the folks who have lost everything.
Matt
6 comments:
THANK YOU MATT!!! for all the help that you're giving people and to all your other border patrol buddies. You guys are doing a great thing!!! :)
You've definitely been in my thoughts, Matt. I know you're keeping smart and safe.
I just hope you haven't been reaching for your pocket-knife...
be safe. be proud of all the work you are all doing.
please, be careful.
Rhea
Shawn and I were wondering about you having to work under these conditions...a big thanks from us too and stay safe!!
That rocks Matt. You should be very proud of yourself for helping so many people.
FYI - I have see quite a bit of footage of the Border Patrol helping people out this time.
great job ..matt ..pops
Post a Comment